Monday, 13 February 2012

Smolov Base Cycle Results

The 1 Rep Max day came and went and Holy F*ck was it a shock. To sum it up, I have managed to put 30kg on my initial 1 rep max in just the 4 weeks of the base cycle!

My whole body felt a lot stronger, lifting weights way heavier than expected. The Smolov routine promised that I would add 10-20kg during the base cycle, but never 30kg! The best thing is, I felt like I could have achieved 5-10kg more but I wanted to play it safe and look after my back. My joints felt great to; during my squat rest period, I took in a lot of supplements and fish high in omega 3 (should you still feel pain at this point it may be glucosamine is the supplement to look out for).

Even if you don't want to endure the full 13 weeks, and your squat is lagging behind your other lifts, I recommend attempting the base cycle and see what you could achieve from just 4 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment