Personally, I don't think the introductory cycle played a massive part in preparation for this. My hip flexors were extremely sore Tuesday through to Friday. However, this is all part of the adaptation process. Knowing the difference between injury and chronic pain is crucial to successful training.
I find the sessions bearable after a thorough warm up. Apart from some light cardio and dynamic stretches, (before performing the required sets) I pyramid up to the required weight usually from 70-75%.
Example, for 6rep sets @ 100kg, the warm up sets are:
WU-set 1 - 10 reps/70kg
Example, for 6rep sets @ 100kg, the warm up sets are:
WU-set 1 - 10 reps/70kg
WU-set 2 - 8 reps/80kg
WU-set 3 - 6reps/90kg
WU-set 3 - 6reps/90kg
It is becoming apparent that, attempting to carry on training other muscle groups in the same fashion as before the program, isn't possible. I've resorted to incline or flat dumbbell chest press and bodyweight exercises such as pull-ups and dips. Even these become a struggle as my core strength is ultimately tested during squats.
Although the week is over there is no more rest than before as squats start again on Monday. Gah!
Although the week is over there is no more rest than before as squats start again on Monday. Gah!
No comments:
Post a Comment