Its not been easy but I have reached the end of the second week of the base mesocycle, achieving all required sets and reps.
When I came into the gym each workout day I could already feel an increase in leg strength even over such a short period of time and at the end of the last set I'd go down real slow, pause at parallel and then push back up slowly for every rep. My grip and core strength has greatly improved.
Recovery time has vastly improved, where DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) has barely been a problem. It has to be said, I struggled to get myself into the rack for the 10x3 session, but still put out all sets with strict form, and my hamstrings are feeling the strain as a result.
Rest is such an overlooked aspect of a workout. So many people don't give themselves enough rest between sets and wander why they struggle to complete the required reps or even sets. I've realised for strength (amongst other training regimes) that at least 90-120s is needed. For instance, during the base cycle I take 120 seconds rest for the first three sessions (4x9, 5x7, 7x5) and 90 seconds for the 10x3. I always have a watch with a stopwatch so I don't spend anymore time than needed.
Rest is crucial for pushing out every rep for every set.
Next update will be at the end of next week, which will see a further increase in weight.
No comments:
Post a Comment