Friday, 2 March 2012

Nutrition Pt. II

Following on from my last post, I've decided to share a fairly accurate representation of a days eating.

BREAKFAST:
3 or 4 Wheat Bisks with semi-skimmed milk
Protein Shake 50g with L-glutamine

SNACK:
Banana

LUNCH:
3 Scrambled eggs
1/2 tin baked beans

SNACK:
Protein shake 50g
Toast or Crumpets
Chocolate bar
Usually would have my workout around here.

SNACK:
Banana or Apple
Protein Shake 50g with L-glutamine

DINNER:
Salmon Fillet or Chicken Breast or Turkey Steak or battered frozen fish fillet
Handful of frozen vegetables (usually broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
~120g Oats
SNACK:
Large Yoghurt
Anything around.

BEFORE BED sometimes:
Protein shake 50g with L-glutamine


Ok, I don't keep strictly to this, I tend to eat anything available around these meals. Will always buy something good from the reduced section at my local grocery, cured meat, cheesecake, cake etc. My meals do vary as I can't always cook at home, so I may buy a sandwich for lunch or go out for a 3 course meal (rarely) for example. I might also not have defrosted any meat in which case I may buy a takeaway or something oven/microwaveable.

I take L-glutamine to aid recovery particularly useful for forming glucosamine which is great for the joints - knees need some tlc after squats. I eat chocolate to give me energy and make sure to get plenty of fibre due to the high protein content of my diet. As far as protein goes, always buy the best for value, Nutrisport 90+ 5.5kg tub, they all do the same thing so why not go for the cheapest.

No comments:

Post a Comment