The end is nigh for my Smolov squat routine, with only 8 days to go until the final test. I'm feeling confident though, and hoping for a total of 60kg increase on my 1 rep max 12 weeks ago. My legs feel strong, and look strong for a change! Summers coming up and I can wear shorts with pride for once!
Over the past weeks, I have learnt so much about my body, what it can do at any time, what it can cope with, how it has changed. This goes for mentality as well. This program has really changed the way I look at training for strength and I will be using principles from it on my future journey for strength. I will almost definitely, take on the base cycle again as it resulted in such a huge gain.
When test day comes around, it shall be treated as an unofficial powerlifting meet, testing squat, bench and deadlift. It will be interesting to see any gains with my deadlift having squatted so much. Squats can improve ones deadlift but not the other way around. It will also be interesting to see how my bench has either decreased, maintained or increased considering how much this program takes out of me before attempting any bench. I shall aim for pictures and full review next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment