Saturday, 28 April 2012

Smolov Jr. Progress & Review

I have juts completed the Smolov Jr routine for Bench, the third and final week has been completed as of today, and I can say that it was awesome. Looking forward to seeing the increase on my 1RM as a result.

What have I gained?
From the program I have definitely increased my Bench power and also my technique. As much as people think they know what they're doing with the Bench press, it is still a very complex compound movement, which requires good form that is difficult to achieve and rare to see in an average gym. I did no assistance work for this program and my gains have been noticeable and quick. My chest has become a lot leaner, although I wouldn't immediately say that it has increased much in size. Strength was my goal, and strength was increased as desired.


I'll attempt a 1RM test next week.

I would also like to point out that I ran this program at the same time as the base cycle from Smolov actual; for Squats. I cannot accurately say it had any effect as to the results of Smolov Jr, but it must be considered that my gains could have been greater if I wasn't giving my all to the Squat sessions before every bench session.


tl; dr
Smolov Jr. for Bench is a great program for fast strength and power gains. Not good for maximised hypertrophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment